BioChaperone® optimizes the performance of therapeutic proteins
BioChaperone® is a Molecular Delivery System for Therapeutic Proteins.
Adocia designed the BioChaperone® platform technology from innovative polymers, oligomers and small organic compounds. By forming a physical complex with proteins, BioChaperone® protects them from enzymatic degradation and enhances their performance.
BioChaperone® improves “chaperoned” proteins’ efficacy through its stabilizing and solubilizing effects:
- Acceleration of action and modification of action duration
- Enhancement of absorption and bioavailability
- Decreased dosage and frequency of administration
The molecular complex BioChaperone®-Protein spontaneously forms when both molecules are mixed in an aqueous medium. Neither heating nor use of organic solvent are needed to form the complex.
BioChaperone® brings 4 key properties to the complexed protein:
- Solubilization at physiological pH
- Protection against enzymatic degradation
- Maintained activity in presence of cells
- Stabilization during storage